Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ryans A Sailor (part 2)

Get ready to feel something,
as you head back to the ocean.
I promised it meant nothing,
though everyone saw it differently.

As we met the shoreline,
they took 2 steps back.

I took my seat
in front of the tide.
I couldn't tell if they had gone,
but if they saw,
they'd see the boy
who couldn't tell if it started raining.

It swore vengeance
when my photographs washed up.
The bleak opacity
and countless exposures,
I've been let down.

But this girl has told my story
too many times for it to be true,
and maybe it's lost it's meaning,
but she knew it better than me.

With your bullets flying towards our car
you've cornered yourself,
and it's too damn predictable.

When at last,
my chest will bleed,
and I pull the chords that connected me to you,
and I've got nothing to show for much.

No comments:

Post a Comment