Saturday, June 12, 2010

Goodbye, STAC.

I couldn't begin to fathom,
all the stories I'd have lost.
It would be fair,
had I kept cool and calm,
act like nothing had really happened.

Cabin fever would stop me from
getting the best of you,
but how dare I think such thoughts,
though,
I wouldn't have it any other way.

At the risk of running over
and over exposing you in the field,
I never looked left the same way,
but we never seemed happier.

After that night,
the fire died and somehow kept me warm,
even though you had left hours before.
I sat with your shell and made small talk.

As the band sped up,
I knew I had to leave.
The rest of you had left me too,
but I might of just left sooner,
had we ever noticed it was anything.

We never had the pressure,
and I assume we'll never need it.
But I've said what I've to say,
and I've still got long walks to have time to think.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is sorta deep. You should make this and some of your other poems into some songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you very much. I actually have. The Process has a song called Disregard Women, Acquire Currency that used 2 of my poems to make a song. We used the poem "But Most Delicate"

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool. i have to hear it some time.

    ReplyDelete