Thursday, November 18, 2010

Where Autumn Meets Winter.

I can't believe you
got so scared when the road got dark.
Though I kept it well hidden.
I'd say the view was worth it.
The skyline was lit up
and the rocks were dry enough for me to walk on
and attempt to impress you.

I think that could make a interesting drive.
though, I can't say I know how to get there so well.

You fell asleep on the way home,
and I wasn't lonesome,
I kept my eyes dead ahead,
and braking gently every time.

You said something along the lines of you being busy,
so I brushed it off and said maybe another time.

I took you to the most interesting street I could find.
It had stores and a little shop
where you could get coffee and feel no pressure.
I held open the door every time and smiled.
I kept quiet on the way out each time,
hoping to hear what you had to say.

I stayed in that night,
I mean, I wanted to, I was tired.

And before going home,
I brought you to the park.
You said it felt oddly familiar,
but I couldn't answer.
I made you go on the swings where you told me what you thought,
about the ride, the view, and the coffee and all the stores,
and it turns out you had a great time.
I did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment