Monday, May 2, 2011

Don't Tell Me How To Do Things, I'm Trying To Figure It All Out On My Own.

I wish I knew how to make a good song.
Something to sing to every now and then.
A sort of message to remind me where I'm trying to get.
I can't really venture that far out of the C scale.
I wish I lived near a lake and had a boat.
I wish I could captain the ship, even if I take it out alone.
I wish I could go back upstate. I think I really need it.
I'm not that sad anymore, I'm doing better I'm sure of it.
I should go somewhere this summer. I just want woods.
I want to be able to walk knowing I'll get lost and figure out how to get out.
Pretty metaphoric without any sort of deep meaning behind it.
I hope people don't misconstrue everything I'm saying here.
It's all pretty straight forward.
I wanted to write a bunch of stuff on my own, then show people.
I can't really do that here. I always just write here.
It's nice that everything's sorted out, but I'd rather have my notebooks again.
I think if I sang well, I'd have done a show by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment