Friday, May 14, 2010

I Never Had Time.

Momentum trapped on my back.
I've dealt with it all before.
I count the tunnels and what they've done.
I remember when I first met him,
he sat on the rocks that guarded the garden,
and he held him too.

He never gave his full story,
but I knew most everything one could.

I'll never know why he came to mind today,
and I don't know why it still hurts,
but it's something I've thrown aside.

He'd laugh.
Lean forward and back,
and it never made me nervous,
it was simply what he did.

I hated his falling.
Even now,
it's bullshit.
Stubborn and childish,
he'll always be the influence.

I always respected his introduction,
on the rocks the guarded the garden
and the boy in his lap,
and his right hand,
out stretched in hopes mine would do the same,
and it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment