Friday, May 7, 2010

The Marvelous Month Of April (Welcome To Neighborhood, We Protect Our Kind)

It was the front page,
good news,
what a change.
You looked at your doorstep,
(I know it hurt to bend and reach)

I can't get over it.
They tell us we beat it to the ground,
but we stood tall,
and we fought like hell.

In our incoherent fits of rage,
we were one.
Though each person's words different than the last,
we stood tall.

I can't remember if we were right,
or if we just needed to breath.
I do know he fell in his seat,
his head must've weighed the most it's ever been.
I'm sure he knew he did wrong,
with his wife at his side.

He hid,
and no one said anything.
Maybe it was best he sat there and took it in.
He knew we were rising up and claiming all our dues,

No comments:

Post a Comment