Saturday, April 9, 2011

Everything Happens Here.

After a rather uneventful evening, I decided to call it a night.
I got in my car, turned on the heat, and without thinking, I put on my favorite song as of late.
The Birth And Death of a Day by Explosions in the Sky.
Perfect.
There is no word to describe to what happened to me.
It all forced everything down my throat.
It pulled everything from the back of my mind to front and center.
I had to pullover.
Coincidentally, I pulled over where everything I had done in life mattered.
It was the first place that after staying out past curfew, I sat and a girl fell asleep in my lap only to wake up to kiss me.
It was where I used to tell my parents I'd be if I wanted to go out walking.
It was where I decided who I'd become.
It was where I decided I would end my friendship with more than 7 people.
It was where I watched a thunderstorm with no rain with a girl who tries to keep in touch every now and then.
It was just where.

I realized how big the universe is.
I realized how much it encompasses.
I realized how I'd never see a quarter of anything it had to offer.
I even realized how I haven't even left the country.

It's kind of weird, you know?
How big the Earth is, but once you measure it against the universe it becomes nothing.
The place we're born into. The place we're buried in.
Everything.
Everything happens here.

No comments:

Post a Comment