Friday, April 8, 2011

Where I Show You In Words What I Cannot Display.

She looks great, by the way.
It clearly hit her from the start of the year, but I think she's feeling better now.
She wore a bow in her hair at the show and it kind of reminded me of the feeling I got
when she wore an outfit that I liked that she owned.
She didn't know that I had any particular favorites. I didn't want her to think that I wanted her to wear those outfits every time we were together.
I still have everything she ever gave me. I could never bring myself to get rid of it.
I only got rid of a picture of her I had when a girl came over.
The girl sitting on my bed asked what it was and I shrugged it off as I pulled it from the wall all the while knowing I'd regret it later after she left.
I didn't do anything with that girl that night. We held hands and sat against our friend's car. It didn't feel right.
Have you ever held hands with a person and it didn't feel right? Pull away if it doesn't.
I think everything I did before the summer had a lot to do with who I was with.
But I don't want it to sound like it's not my fault, because it is. The blame falls squarely on my shoulders.
Even in the summer I think I thought I was happy.
I can only describe it as getting hit so hard and quickly that the shock of the blow hinders any pain that one might feel. It just took a while to sink in.

No comments:

Post a Comment